Wayward Terran Frontier: Zero Falls

Damn, this game looks pretty :slight_smile:

Just in time, Halloween is this evening, right ? :slight_smile:
I’ll try it right now on steam :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We had some requests regarding displaying quests, thus new component has been made.

2 Likes

testing new weapon type, fps drops caused by recording software.

2 Likes

Changes in screen handling

Also Rusty, our new Bartender
http://www.imagehosting.cz/images/atgz.png

2 Likes

2 Likes

Every time I see a new post to this thread by you I’m impressed with your posts, looks like you are doing really well with that game. Keep it up!

2 Likes

New station modules.

5 Likes

Time to get past of that mediocre Tier 2

It’s Friday evening, lets relax! I mean… let’s begin and finish most complex implementation for this week… actual data (reactor heat) is updated Texture slice obtained through CPU as march through module tiles, minimap is rendered to offscreen RT with own camera system (thus zooming, camera panning for minimap etc) aaaand that stupid scanline effect is actually baked into shader and moving through UV offset when rendering minimap as part of GUI -> synchronization was fun!

3 Likes

Anti matter bomber drones, rail arrays attack drones with different movement patter also added.

3 Likes

5 Likes

I’m a huge fan of the artistic design in this game. Looks so good! How did you implement the god rays?

Thx, my light shaft implementation is probably the simplest possible approach, abusing fact that game is 2D and that I don’t expect light sources from side. Thus this is quite simple screen space implementation in downsampled Render target. My approach on getting information for radial blur - extracting bright spots and occluding them, might be slightly more interesting but no extreme magic behind it. Just some tricks like how to get them behave with planet atmosphere, prevent jittering around edges etc (basically how to split occlussion passes, some fast blur here and there)

https://streamableorigin.b-cdn.net/video/mp4/0q8eq.mp4?token=1514533946_9cb017a7189e21ba091082a05c07f681d7d1f7ac
here you can see its behavior is really quite straight forward, if I ever work on 3d project in monogame I would like to implement nonscreen space LS.

4 Likes

so you simply take a masked bw image and scale it up a few times, right? And then do that again for 3 or 4 times?

Like this

Oh I know how to do it, I just wanted to ask if he does multiple passes. That is much much cheaper and has higher quality in the end.

I did some radial blurring which is basically the same thing, and that really showed me how effictive it can be to do the same thing 3 times wiht lower sample counts

3 Likes

I lnow you know as you did much higher level things than this :wink:
But now that you mention it dont remember if the project i linked uses multiple rendertargets each a downsample version of the previous or a shader with multiple passes

I can’t use anything undersampled more than /2 for this case. Given how fine details are often produced by ship occlusion (which are using sharp occlusion mask) it simply start losing too many details. Thus only thing I can realistically do when talking quality and optimization is use nonuniform sampling and then drag it through bilateral blur.

Also not sure how well would control over density and weight work in multiple passes, maybe I can try to compare results of both and get back with results once I have some time. My HDR bloom is ofc using multiple passes but I am considering getting rid of the lowest undersample lately.

Patch 7.0.0.0 coming next Saturday as part of your daily warhead.
Edit: by next I obviously meant this…

3 Likes