So I finally found some time to play your game.
It's awesome! A real gem. I especially like the graphics. Wow.
The feeling in-game is also great. The disregard and loneliness... nice story-telling.
The idea with the AI is the best ever... and so on.
Now for some constructive criticism, if you're up for it (of course you are... you are a game-dev!)
(I may be to blame for some of those, since I'm an awful gamer, apparently )
- I had to look up how the gun (rifle) works on your community board. I found no clues for that (hold right MB and then press left) in-game. So I died twice on mission 1.
- I'm a little discomforted by the amount of ghost-ships flying around in space since every time I die one of those is left stranded out there (yes, I'm THAT bad)... maybe there is some way of auto-piloting it back to the base later on... I don't know yet.
- The idea of beacons for your missions showing the distance in kilometers is great... But I kinda had to think about it for some time before I realized that their position also shows the way to that goal... Maybe a little arrow on top of those numbers would help conveying that message better...
- I know this one's hard to tackle... The graphics are great, and I really mean it. GREAT! But very small. Especially when in a ship or station. I can zoom alright, but the highest zoom factor still feels too small for me.
- The thing with the ship-building... I didn't feel that the game told me how to do that, if you know what I mean. Again, I had to consult your board (the explanations there are excellent by the way). But I feel that that kind of stuff should come more natural as you progress in game.
- Loading- and saving-times are exorbitantly high. And I have an SSD here...
- Game-hang when leaving home-station through an airlock (had this once... Ship was docked... Screenshot: image) (was a one-timer... restarted game, reloaded, ok)
I will continue this list as I go on playing (or, if you like, I can PM you instead.)
So, if you excuse me, I'm playing Wayward Terran Frontier: Zero Falls now