What does "Probed audio format does not match RIFF" mean when building .wav on Android?

I’m using the command line content builder to build a WAV file into a XNB and I receive the following error:

c:/users/vchel/downloads/projects/wavproblem/matchitgame/matchitgame/assets/content/screens/game1/wrong_sound.wav: error: Importer 'WavImporter' had unexpected failure!
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.InvalidContentException: Failed to open file wrong_sound. Ensure the file is a valid audio file and is not DRM protected. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Probed audio format does not match RIFF
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Audio.AudioContent..ctor(String audioFileName, AudioFileType audioFileType)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Audio.AudioContent..ctor(String audioFileName, AudioFileType audioFileType)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.WavImporter.Import(String filename, ContentImporterContext context)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.ContentImporter`1.Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.IContentImporter.Import(String filename, ContentImporterContext context)
    at MonoGame.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Builder.PipelineManager.ProcessContent(PipelineBuildEvent pipelineEvent)

Is there something wrong with my audio file? The error message isn’t providing enough information to help me identify what might be happening.

This is the mentioned audio file https://files.fm/u/674bjxmd

Converting the file from 32 to 16 bit solves it.

It seems like this may also be fixed in MonoGame 3.7:

Yes, there is a large revision to processing and loading of sound files in the current develop branch. It copies with a much larger range of WAV file formats now.