Xamarin Studio fails to cooperate when installing templates.

Hello world,
I’ve decided to give MonoGame a try. Unfortunately my Xamarin studio (5.0.1) is unable to install the MonoDevelop.MonoGameContent_3.0.0 pack, returning an error screen about missing dependencies.

Image link

So I did the research and tried @stebyrne04’s pack, with partial success. I get a MonoGame Windows GL Application project type (strangely, no directx), but when trying to create a new project I get an error about file game1.cs missing. Checked the project directory, and strangely enough, no files from the actual template were copied to my project.

I dare to say that I’m quite pissed right now. Has anyone found a solution to this particular issue?

this is caused by monodevelop / xamarin studio not finding the project type MonoGame
i still have not found a solution

Have you tried checking Xamarin’s documentation on project templates or looking for help on their forums? I’ve tried getting the templates from MonoGame’s git and building them with no success…

I have the exact same issue, and I’ve also tried stebyrne04’s pack, and I’m running into the same issue you’re having. I can use Visual Studio, however I’d like to use Xamarin Studio for the cross-platform options, which don’t seem to be present in Visual Studio. Anything I can do to help with the Xamarin Studio issue stebyrne? I’d love to help in any way I can.

Yes there is a problem with Windows / Linux templates i can get Xamarin Studio to add the monogame project type i will need some help fixing this if someone could point me in the right direction

I checked Xamarin’s documentation, and got no useful hints or any info about project templates. Not even a “PC” section. I’d love to help, but the situation seems a bit hopeless…

I Have some code for to set project type i just cant get it to integrate with the addin.xml so i can mpack it

Rummaged through old MonoDevelop documentation and found this and this. Are those helpful at all?

try this i cant test it my self
https://github.com/stebyrne04/Monogame_templates/blob/master/MonoDevelop.MonoGame_3.2.0.test.mpack

Installed the addon after cleaning my userdir manually (apparently xamarin fails at deleting files too…) and got this:

Made a test project, issue persists. Still no project files, including Game1.cs
This time the openGL project type disappeared, so I could only choose Windows DirectX.

Have you perhaps tried using the templates under another IDE, like for example SharpDevelop?

you need to install monogame 3.2 only the two highlight because xamarin studios imports msbuilds