32 bit system only - what are my options?

From what I understand, the latest releases of Monogame no longer work with 32-bit systems due to the content pipeline. Since I’m stuck with a 32-bit computer for the unseeable future, I decided to just download Monogame 3.2 and work with that, since it’s the earliest version that works with VS 2013 Community, which is what I use.
Loading .png images directly has been working fine for me, but every time I’ve tried to load a .wav file, I’ve been getting errors (“Could not load sound.wav asset!”), so my question is, does direct loading .wav files not work in 3.2? If it does, any idea what I might be doing wrong? The .wav file’s build action is set at “Content” and I’ve set its copying action to “Copy Always”, which works for .pngs, but doesn’t seem to help for .wavs.
If it doesn’t work with Monogame 3.2, but works with earlier versions, how should I go about using those earlier versions? It seems that Microsoft no longer allows copies of VS2010 Express to be registered, because I get a 404 error when I try, and for all I know, the same could be true of VS2012.

Use mp3 instead of wave. You can edit The xmb file and change wav to mp3. Or you can uses Song.FromURI to load the mp3 directly.

I’m not sure what the xmb file is, but I’ve tried loading .mp3s to no avail, as well. And what’s Song.FromURI? I couldn’t find any method with that name.

The source code is there to build it yourself. I was in a similar situation with 2mgfx in Monogame 3.2 2mgfx on 32 bit Windows
The code is there for 32 bit, so I just tweaked the project and re-built and works fine in 32 bit. Hopefully you can do something similar for the latest version.

I’m actually pretty inexperienced in programming, so I’m not sure I would even know how to build it myself or where to change the source code. I’ve downloaded the source for 3.2; should I be looking in the Monogame.Framework.Windows solution?

My problem was with mgfx, the effects compiler. Just re-read your post and yours is for wav files. Unfortunately I don’t load assets using the content pipeline so haven’t hit that problem. I’d be hopefull that the issue isn’t 32/64 bits but just how you are loading the audio.