Failure to Load Song

Crash in MGCB.exe
System.ExecutionEngineException was unhandled
Message: An unhandled exception of type ‘System.ExecutionEngineException’ occurred in mscorlib.dll

Trying to run game
Severity
Error

Code Description
The command ““C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\MonoGame\v3.0\Tools\MGCB.exe” /@:“E:\Dropbox\C#\BoneStorm\BoneStorm\BoneStorm\Content\Content.mgcb” /platform:Windows /outputDir:“E:\Dropbox\C#\BoneStorm\BoneStorm\BoneStorm\Content\bin\Windows” /intermediateDir:“E:\Dropbox\C#\BoneStorm\BoneStorm\BoneStorm\Content\obj\Windows” /quiet” exited with code -1073741819.

Project
BoneStormClient

Is that what was copied to clipboard when you clicked the “Copy exception detail to clipboard” link in the exception dialog?

when MGCB.exe crashes it goes to an exception and

System.ExecutionEngineException was unhandled
Message: An unhandled exception of type ‘System.ExecutionEngineException’ occurred in mscorlib.dll

is what I get when I click “Copy exception detail to clipboard”

The other message is the error I get in my errorlist in my game solution when I try to run my game. When MGCB.exe crashes when trying to build the debug it asks if I want to debug then it opens a new instance of VS2015 and goes to that exception.

Are there no inner exceptions? There probably isn’t, but it’s worth a check. Are you using the latest version of Monogame? Did you use the installer or build it from source? I don’t know if any of that information is even important, but I have no idea what’s going wrong.

I ended up using the NAudio library instead for my audio needs. https://naudio.codeplex.com/

Thanks for the respectful, and quickly replies guys!

Cheers

Though the original poster “solved” it by using a third-party library instead, this is still an issue with MonoGame.

Are you still running into this issue with latest develop? If you are then you should open an issue on the GitHub page