MonoGame 3.8.1

I am using a MacBook Pro (M1 pro) and just starting out with Monogame! I am unable to build content in the mcgb editor after adding the red ball as per the getting started docs.

I tried installing ‘Freeimage’ with homebrew, and tried adding an env variable as suggested for ‘DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES’ to my .zprofile:

DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES = /opt/homebrew/lib

Still not working, can anyone help?

Thanks.

Yes Guess_Game, Content.RootDirectory normally equals to “Content”.

hi do we need to change Content.RootDirectory = “Content”; by Content.RootDirectory=“Content/bin/iOS/Content/”;? Thanks

It worked for me, but don’t forget that you also have to select “Build Action” for all generated xnb files inside Content/bin/iOS/Content to “Content” and “Copy to directory” set to “Copy if newer”

nightmare to say the very least.

one tip that has helped people who are suffering … when you upgade or downgrade with vs 20222… revert changes and don’t see new results ,erase your cache files too… they are in temp folder and in your user folder too … sort your harddrive by date tnd erase any vs2022 articates that speed up your buiids… I did uninstall netcore 3.1 because they told me to. i dont wanna use the GAC … on an upnote i have almost got turlough this hell but tis five weeks now… but i expect another month… or year ot to downgrade. im looking for options, taking breaks… trying to avoid local holes and digging too deep into one hole for too long.

and not just MG… its net6 in general… I have been trying to help people all over github. But in defense of MG… it had to be done. I stil lwant to updgate everything to net6 , still but at the point of giving up… despite the version there are all BREAKNG changes all ovet ( even dropping transparent Black color causes some poeple days, one line of cleanup is a breaking change) and 3.81 is not a good name… 3.8 to 3.81 expect I would suggest downgrading to 3.8. because barely any repos have upgraded. I moved everything off net standard2 to 6… I was on net 6 and net 3.1 before i should have stayed. BUT when i got off net standard, i experience noticable performance boost in my shared libs so I want to keep going this way but i dont wanna hop any sinking ships again.

BUT on a generaal note this is industry wide It Takes More Than .NET 5/6+ to Make WPF Current

Hi,
it works for me thanks again :+1: :+1:

Just integrated 3.8.1 into my project and wow, it’s like monogame team is ashamed of mgcb editor. : D
Now they are trying to hide it behind a specific terminal command which has to be called from a very specific place. I would say that this does not make any sense, but I too think nobody should use that thing, so good call.

2 Likes

Excellent! Thanks for all the hard work!

I created a new Android project in Visual Studio for Mac 2022, but when I open the “Options” of the project, “Android Build” and “Android Package Signing” are not displayed.

So I opened the “*.csproj” file with a text editor, and it seemed to be in a completely different format than a typical Xamarin.Android project template.

I am looking for a way to create a new new Android project.
How do you all do it?

Resolved.
.NET6 made it a hell of a lot more complicated…

1 Like

Hi,

did you manage to integrate monogame in maui (ios, android)? if so do you have a starter example? thanks in advance

I have a problem in Visual Studio 2022 for Mac when I create a new MonoGame iOS and Android project. I use the templates in VS 2022 for Mac to create the MonoGame projects.
When I right click on my Android/iOS project and choose Properties then not all the Build options are displayed.
iOS build options:

Some of the build options are missing here. In VS 2019 for Mac, there are more build options available for MonoGame Android/iOS projects. In addition, these build options are available when I create a blank Xamarin.Forms project in VS 2022 for Mac.
Xamarin.Forms build options:

The same problem exists for MonoGame Android projects. Not all build options are displayed.
Why are not all build options displayed in Visual Studio 2022 17.3.8 (build 5) for Mac? Is this a MonoGame bug?
I cannot debug an iOS project if I cannot use iOS Bundle Signing options.

Hi I have same problem, you said you rolled back to 3.8.0?
how to resolve it, can you give me some suggestion.

Yea, I had accidentally rolled back to the older version, which was why I was seeing the errors I had. Re updating to latest fixed it for me.

thanks for your reply, but my Monogame.framework.DesktopGL already 3.8.1.303. may be I should create a new project.