MonoGame Newbie - Porting XNA project to PS4 & Xbox One.

Hi,

I am completely new to MonoGame and I am looking at taking an XNA title to PS4 & Xbox One.

Any advice on how to get started would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Simon

You need a developer license for both. If you have one you need to contact Tom to get access to the MonoGame console repo.

Though you can also deploy to your Xbox without a dev license by creating a UWP project. There are some limitations to how much system resources your game can use in this case. I haven’t done this myself, so I’ll leave in-depth advice to other :slight_smile:

What is the best way to get a hold of Tom?

He should respond here. @Tom

OK, I just put up a lengthy answer here

Will see if I can put up a sticky post to make MonoGame’s Xbox position clearer.

Simply put:

• Anyone with a retail Xbox can use UWP and the Xbox Live Creators Program to publish free. This also gives you publishing (using live services) to all Windows 10 devices
  • Native Xbox Access is only available through the ID@Xbox program, this gives you only Xbox publishing.

For anyone starting anew, I highly recommend starting with UWP, build you game and ship. Only if you start hitting perf wall issues, then apply to ID@Xbox and your pitch will go a lot further as you have a game to show.