Patreon

I… Invented it… earlier in the discussion :stuck_out_tongue:

Basically, let’s say you have a function that sits in a .cs file, that does, particles for example, you show the code in one corner of the TutPaper, in the space around it you explain what key blocks do and how you can modify for, let’s say, Intensity of particles and then in another corner you explain how to call it in your draw code, and then in another corner you show some other code that is, let’s say a helper class, and then in another corner, err the last corner [Unless Pentagonal+ Displays become a thing lol] you show a screenshot of the end result/intended result… [Speaking of extra corners, the centre could be the screenshot too, in case you do need all four corners for code and explanations…]

A gist of it, anyway…

Art style is entirely up to the one creating the graphic… but high contrasting colours from background to foreground content is key or for text use flat boxes for backgrounds… if you need an example I could give it a shot… could use an example bit of code though… with explanations…

1 Like

Seeing one would be great but I think I get the idea.

I’ll have a think about it and do some research myself on other Patreon’s for similar things. I’m not entirely convinced a wallpaper is the best way to deliver a tutorial but I can see the appeal :slight_smile: I’m willing to give it ago though.

1 Like

I missed out, Multiple TutPapers in a package, so we can use the slideshow feature for wallpapers to rotate every so often… I am working on one right now… but err… will have to remove it from my Instagram tomorrow… I don’t have anywhere to host it at the moment :stuck_out_tongue:

Made it…

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgJvZTqAOux/

EDIT

I really did not have anything better to example off of so :stuck_out_tongue: and kind of rushed it at the end… hope it makes sense… And excuse Instagram’s compression but the original graphic is 4K

And I hand made the controller graphics… was fun…

Looks like the server cached the graphic, yay :sweat_smile: or maybe not…

By the way, I made the entire thing today, in the last few hours… from scratch…

OOOH found the image direct link:

https://instagram.fbhx3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/vp/c8c9e98dd4310d9d77aaa94fd2d9efd8/5B470483/t51.2885-15/e35/28751378_105133136972345_3295988199649705984_n.jpg

2 Likes

If you need help with intro video I would like to help somehow.

1 Like

Several Patreons I have seen provide the equivalent of the TutPaper through blog posts that are accessible to members only. They are probably a little more difficult to copy around being blog posts combining text and graphics whereas the TutPaper is just a single file.

Although I have also seen Patreons for digital art that do the equivalent of the TutPaper.

But the main reason I’m posting is to also push the idea of launching an imperfect Patreon. We don’t need a great intro video or schwag in order to provide a normal outlet for repeating donations. Like a game, build something that works and then improve.

I also still recommend using the same tiers as Godot since their approach is working and their domain is the same as ours.

I agree with Iteration and Optimisation of the Patreon page… no need to nail it on the head, though on the flip side; I also agree.