Spritefonts won't build on Mac OS X for Desktop GL. (Exited with code 134)

I am a beginner using Monogame with Visual Studio for Mac. I have all packages installed and aren’t using any extensions such as Monogame.Extended.

My problem is that Spritefont files won’t build properly when building for DesktopGL. For example, I can build the Core Project for the example platformer game Monogame provides (Available at https://github.com/MonoGame/MonoGame.Samples.git), but can’t build for DesktopGL.

This problem occurs specifically with Spritefonts. Other file types build perfectly fine. Whenever I build a game using Spritefonts for DesktopGL, I always get the same error below.

/Users/Family/.nuget/packages/monogame.content.builder.task/3.8.0.1641/build/MonoGame.Content.Builder.Task.targets(5,5): Error MSB3073: The command "dotnet /Users/Family/.nuget/packages/monogame.content.builder.task/3.8.0.1641/build/../tools/netcoreapp3.1/any/mgcb.dll /quiet /@:"/Users/Family/Projects/MonoGame.Samples-develop/Platformer2D/Platformer2D.Core/Content/Platformer2D.mgcb" /platform:DesktopGL /outputDir:"/Users/Family/Projects/MonoGame.Samples-develop/Platformer2D/Platformer2D.Core/Content/bin/DesktopGL/Platformer2D" /intermediateDir:"/Users/Family/Projects/MonoGame.Samples-develop/Platformer2D/Platformer2D.Core/Content/obj/DesktopGL/Platformer2D" /workingDir:"/Users/Family/Projects/MonoGame.Samples-develop/Platformer2D/Platformer2D.Core/Content/"" exited with code 134. (MSB3073) (Platformer2D.DesktopGL)

I’ll also have this window pop up.

Double clicking on the error message will send me to: /Users/Family/.nuget/packages/monogame.content.builder.task/3.8.0.1641/build/MonoGame.Content.Builder.Task.targets at line 138.

I used to workaround this problem by building the spritefont to an .xnb and .mgcontent file with Monogame on a Windows computer, then bring it back to my Mac. Unfortunately, my Windows computer decided to give up the ghost (it was pretty crappy anyway) so this isn’t possible anymore.

This has been a pain for months so any responses are appreciated!