Spritesheet resources

I’ll be interested to hear suggestions on this. I have sprites that are different heights for two different animations. When switching from running to jumping it looks terrible because the sprite shrinks.

I think to redo the layout of the spritesheet and occupying the same source rectangle for each keyframe for an animation is the right thing to do unless very tight packaging is necessary to avoid wasting space. Also laying out everything so that using double loops to calculate the source rectangles in the c# code would make it easier if nothing else is provided like a json with the data for example.
If the keyframes themselves within one animation have characters of one size then the mapping can be done like described by using the same widths / heights in source and destination rectangles for each individual keyframe.
If the background is used like in my test animations then this is maybe not possible and there have to be additional steps or a redo of the layout is the better / easier option. This is what I would try and see if this works out and does not maybe lead to other difficulties which I can’t think of right now but as I said I am not experienced with 2D stuff and hence the question.
So still more advice and best practices welcome :slight_smile: