Tutorials / Guides on how to use Steamworks.NET ?

FYI: I created a new repo which integrates the Facepunch.Steamworks library. This library allows to code in native C#!

Feel free to check it out:

Hello! I know this is a rather old topic, but Iā€™ve been trying to use Steamworks for a couple days with your handy MonoGame integration. I managed to make the overlay work, but only when I use the SpaceWar AppID. When I use my own AppID, I get this:

[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; connect to global user failed.

This means I canā€™t test achievements for my game. The problem probably comes from the Steamworks setup. From what I understand from steam_api.h (Steamworks Documentation), , itā€™s because my "App ID is not completely set up, i.e. in Release State: Unavailable".

Am I supposed to upload the game before I can use the Steamworks API to test it? This question is probably more Steamwork-related than MonoGame related, but I figured I would ask because I canā€™t find any other information about this online.

No, it should work without uploading your game first.

Itā€™s also neccessary to correctly setup the achievements in your steamworks backend. Just as a general notice.

You need to run the Steam client and login with a user which owns the AppID of your game. This could probably be your first, second, third etc. account.

Thank you for your answer. In the meantime I contacted the Steam support and turns out it was an issue on their end where the default package wasnā€™t created after the game creation. They solved it quickly.

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m following your guide and Iā€™m getting issues with loading steam_api64 - the DLLImport canā€™t see it at all, even though itā€™s there. Itā€™s in the same place as the steam_api.dll in the example projects.
Iā€™ve put the WINDOWS build constant in as well, but it doesā€™t seem to affect anything.
I previously had an issue with the Steamworks.NET dll not being loaded correctly, but I managed to fix that by deleting and recreating the reference.
Iā€™m using 64bit windows with JetBrains rider, and my game so far is just the desktopgl template with your additions from the guide.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

EDIT: Managed to fix it with some help
Jetbrains rider doesnā€™t have the copy if newer thing, so the DLLs should be put in projectname/bin/debug/net6.0/