Xamarin Studio Content Pipeline Addin with Xamarin 5

Official builds are for Xamarin 4, so if you try to install mpacks on new Xamarin you get errors like Core v4.0 was not found. I tried to just change addin.info inside mpack file (just change 4 to 5) but that didn’t help either. I tried to build on my own but couldn’t figure all those binary dependencies. Is there an official build? Or maybe anyone has homemade build?

What operating system are you using?

Sorry, forgot to mention - MacOS.

I compiled content addin here: How to install Monogame 3.2 in Ubuntu 14.04?
I compiled it for linux so tell me if it works for you on mac.

Thank you very much, it works flawlessly on MacOS. I wish your stuff was googlable, I am pretty sure I am not the only one.

I tried to install your content pipeline addin for xamarin 5 on MacOS but unfortunately my Xamarin Studio fails to start. I had to manually remove the addin to get Xamarin running again. Please help …

Yeah it actually stopped working for me also and crushes Xamarin so that I can’t even launch it, had to fiddle with files manually. How is it possible that single addon is crushing the whole IDE is beyond me.

Interesting, I will probablly update monodevelop addin in one of the following days.

After installing the addin, disable it immediately and then enable it, it seems to fix the not starting part, don’t know why that happens.