Cannot load WindowsUniversal source code solution in VS2015

Hi,

I’m unable to load the Windows Universal solution (from the Monogame Source code - 3.5.1) into VS2015 Professional. I have the latest VS update (3) installed.

Whenever I try to load the project I get the error “This project requires a Visual Studio update to load”. I have checked the project files and the target platform version is 10.0.14393 which is exactly the version of the platform I’m running. I can create new WindowsUniversal apps without issue that target this platform version, I just cannot load in the MonoGame source solution.

Has anyone else had this problem and do you know a solution? I need to make some changes to the MonoGame source so it will work with an Emulator I’m writing (I need to remove the MonoGame update timers since I have my own).

Many thanks,

Damien

I’ve used the source several times over the last few weeks using both Vs community and Pro with update 3. SO it’s more likely to be something with your environment. Best check the version of the UWP SDK you have installed.

Thanks for the info. I managed to get it to work in the end by editing the version numbers in the project files. It may well be the SDK version I’m using though ASAIK I’m using the latest Win 10 build.