Cant get the Monogame templates installed

Hello Guys
I’ve tryed almost everything to get Monogame installer working for me but it still doesnt. I get the error that all of the available visual Studio templates are grayed out. I’ve checked my Template Folder Location but everything is fine. I run the Setup as Administrator but that doesnt help. Im trying it since 1 hour but it seems impossible to get this done.
Thanks for your help!

@Jjagg this is getting silly now

EDIT

Is there any way we can sticky a single topic on this matter and avoid a new post about it every 3.5 days?

@MrValentine
The problem is that I’ve already tried everything written in other posts but the installer is still not doing what he’s supposed to

I know, but can you detail your system exactly? have you checked write permissions etc.?

This issue comes up every other day since over a year now…

So I’m using Windows 10 and the Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise Edition. I have installed the .Net Desktop Developmnet tools and the current version of Visual Studio I’m using is the newest. I already tried to reinstall Visual Studio but after that same error. The Monogame installer is the newest 3.7 version linked on the website. The path the templates are located is
C:\Users\MyName\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#. If you need to know something more please just reply. I’m sitting here since 3 Hours straight up and its still not working.

Is the enterprise edition supported? can you try installing Community edition and see if that works, then just copy over the files…

EDIT

Also try using the 3.6 release and see if it really is an issue with the installers

@MrValentine I had the Community Edition installed before and already tried the 3.6 installer. Both did not work

You can always set up the project manually, the only remarkable thing the templates do is run the pipeline tool as a build-step … which can sometimes go nuts and send you into infinite build cycles until reboot in VS2017.

Sort of silly that it’s become harder to build C# than C++ code these days, even without using Fody to cut down on C# boiler-plate hell.

1 Like

@AcidFaucent How can I setup the project manually? Do you mean I have to do download just the Monogame Core components in the installer and then download the vs templates on the github site?

No, I mean you can go through Nuget or you can manually add the references and prebuild tasks. The VS templates don’t do anything magical except on Xamarin based targets which are a hassle to setup manually.