Castle Quest on Steam Greenlight

Hi all,

I have made a turn-based board game in Monogame with online multiplayer (Lidgren).
It took me 2 years to code it in my spare time and you can see the result here:
Steam Greenlight

If you want to help me, please vote for it.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the game and how I made it.

Best regards

looks good! Good luck :slight_smile:

If you have twitter, post something and add #MonoGame so the official MonoGameTeam twitter account may retweet and maybe help you with spreading the word

This looks great, it reminds me of the old board game “DungeonQuest” which I loved when I was younger. I guess the players start in the towers and have to head for the middle room. Once I get home from work tonight I will of course vote this up, we need more games like this and supporting monogame.

Good luck with the game, and hope it makes it to steam as I want to buy it.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the game and how I made it.

I’m currently learning monogame / lidgren and would love to see your networking code and how you do this and handle the data.

kosmonautgames
Thanks for your suggestion. I have made a Tweet about it and many people like it.

Harag
Thank you for your kind words, I too love Dungeon Quest and yes the goal is to reach the middle to loot treasure. :smiley:
The game is turn based so the game is message based with the TCP protocol.
I use a Server-Client solution where the server is the master with the game logic and the client only send movement.
Every action in the game is a network packet and is stored in a queue executed one at a time.

I’m not sure you want to see the code, it is massive and not easy to learn from.
The best advice is to start small and get a simple send / receive network command working first.

Have a nice day.

Best regards