'Content' folder begone.

I want to freely structure my folders in the same manner as I did in XNA. I don’t want a generic ‘content’ folder, I want assets to copy over as I have them structured in the pipeline tool. After fixing this in a lot of stupid manners and wasting 2 days squashing all the bugs produced by said stupid manners, I think I figured out what to do. I removed a $(ContentRootDirectory) from Monogame.Content.Builder.targets from here:

<CreateItem Include="$(ParentOutputDir)\%(ExtraContent.RecursiveDir)%(ExtraContent.Filename)%(ExtraContent.Extension)"
                      AdditionalMetadata="Link=$(PlatformResourcePrefix)$(ContentRootDirectory)\%(ExtraContent.RecursiveDir)%(ExtraContent.Filename)%(ExtraContent.Extension);CopyToOutputDirectory=PreserveNewest"
                      Condition="'%(ExtraContent.Filename)' != ''">
                  <Output TaskParameter="Include" ItemName="Content" Condition="'$(MonoGamePlatform)' != 'Android' And '$(MonoGamePlatform)' != 'iOS' And '$(MonoGamePlatform)' != 'MacOSX'" />
                  <Output TaskParameter="Include" ItemName="BundleResource" Condition="'$(MonoGamePlatform)' == 'MacOSX' Or '$(MonoGamePlatform)' == 'iOS'" />
                     <Output TaskParameter="Include" ItemName="AndroidAsset" Condition="'$(MonoGamePlatform)' == 'Android'" />
                </CreateItem>

To this, as so:

<CreateItem Include="$(ParentOutputDir)\%(ExtraContent.RecursiveDir)%(ExtraContent.Filename)%(ExtraContent.Extension)"
            AdditionalMetadata="Link=$(PlatformResourcePrefix)\%(ExtraContent.RecursiveDir)%(ExtraContent.Filename)%(ExtraContent.Extension);CopyToOutputDirectory=PreserveNewest"
            Condition="'%(ExtraContent.Filename)' != ''">
      <Output TaskParameter="Include" ItemName="Content" Condition="'$(MonoGamePlatform)' != 'Android' And '$(MonoGamePlatform)' != 'iOS' And '$(MonoGamePlatform)' != 'MacOSX'" />
      <Output TaskParameter="Include" ItemName="BundleResource" Condition="'$(MonoGamePlatform)' == 'MacOSX' Or '$(MonoGamePlatform)' == 'iOS'" />
      <Output TaskParameter="Include" ItemName="AndroidAsset" Condition="'$(MonoGamePlatform)' == 'Android'" />
    </CreateItem>

Is there anything this is going to mess up and is there a reason it isn’t like this to begin with? Would it not it be better if a new *.mgcb just came with an easy to delete ‘Content’ folder by default for all the normal people who use that structure?

I hope this is what you are talking about and I’m not missing the point:

-But you can have folders outside and independent of the content folder, and maintain that structure in the install folder… -And you can (to my knowledge) do all the same things from these directories as you can with the default content folder.

Like I have one called Files, where users can drag and drop folders of new level content, and it will be scanned and loaded automatically on launch…