Content Pipeline won't load .obj

I exported my model using Blender in .obj format and it produced an obj file and an mtl file. I added just the obj to my content pipeline and when I try to load it as a model I get this error:

Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: 'Could not find ContentTypeReader Type. Please ensure the name of the Assembly that contains the Type matches the assembly in the full type name: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ReflectiveReader1[[Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Graphics.MaterialContent, MonoGame.Framework.Content.Pipeline, Version=3.7.1.189, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ReflectiveReader1[[Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline.Graphics.MaterialContent, MonoGame.Framework.Content.Pipeline]])'

How would I fix this? I am using Blender 2.80.

Monogame beyond version 3.6 will not load OBJ files properly. It has nothing to do with Blender. There is a bug in the content pipeline importer. I’ve been trying all other newer versions including the dev version and it is still not fixed.

Use the FbxImporter to import your obj files instead (I know it doesn’t make sense).