Dauntless Dungeoneer

Dauntless Dungeoneer is a very simple and short dungeon crawler with RPG and puzzle game elements.

Not much to say about this one - it’s a really generic concept. The only unusual thing about it is that it uses a text console that is separate from the main game window, which displays basic instructions and action messages for the player. One reason I implemented this is because I always loved text-based adventure games, and the other is that the game has no animations, so the action would be unreadable without any messages. I wasn’t able to include animated sprites because I didn’t want to spend any more time on this, and also because I am as adept at creating pixel sprites as a palsified baboon. So, it is what it is.

You can download the game on itch.io: https://mohaxomaxa.itch.io/dauntless-dungeoneer

I’m not sure where to go from here. After finishing this one I thought I could either make a full RPG engine with a larger tilemap, animated sprites and turn-based combat, or a fully text-based adventure with a parser for player commands. What do you think?

3 Likes