Developer Build 3.7.0.1129 and Content.Load a .FBX model, doesnt work in release mode

Hi

Is this a bug or what is it?

I’ve installed the Developer build 3.7.0.1129 and everything is working, in developer mode.
When I changed to release mode it puts itself into “Break Mode”, I narrowed my code down until it was working.
It came to my knowledge that it was this line

Content.Load<Model>("a_frkn_fbx_model");

That was making it.
But it was working in another project that I have, after checking what was the difference in these two projects I’ve noticed that the one that was working had a .dea model instead of a .fbx.

So I changed the fbx model in the first project that was put in Break Mode to a. dea file instead.

Content.Load<Model>("a_frkn_dea_model");

Then it was working in release mode.

What’s the problem? Is this a bug in the developer build 3.7.0.1129??

I’m using it on Windows 7 building for PC

No body’s using .FBX models these days? :confused:

I’ve never heard of this issue before :confused: I think most people are using .fbx

Ok you’ve never heard of it before. I would blame it all on my .FBX models that I’ve been testing it with if it hadn’t been for the fact that it is working in dev mode, there must be a difference between release and dev then I believe.

Is it only me getting this “put in Break Mode” error on loading .FBX models in release mode :confused:

Kindest Regards, Morgan

And now I’ve noticed that a DAE file can be “file too small” when adding it to the Pipeline!? No matter if in debug or release mode here…

Have you tried with the latest dev version ? (as of now: 3.7.0.1156)

Thanks for the hint, didn’t know.

Hm I’ve just installed it but it’s still not working :frowning:
I’ve double checked what version I actually have installed now and it says Monogame.Framework at properties V 3.7.0.1156.

Kind Regards, Morgan

Are you using a custom modelprocessor?

Can you upload your model somewhere so we can try it too?

No custom modelprocessor everything’s basic.
What I still don’t understand is why it would work in debug but not in release, doesn’t make sense.
Yes I’ll try to upload one of my .FBX models doesn’t matter which one because all of them fails in release mode.

Here’s the failing particle in .FBX format

Sorry for old thread! Same problem with me, too I have tried load into MonoGame but fbx binary 7.4 from Blender. Nothing works now :frowning: please fix! Or possible I need to use Assimp-Net?

1 Like