Developer Build 3.7.0.1129 and Content.Load a .FBX model, doesnt work in release mode

Hi

Is this a bug or what is it?

Iā€™ve installed the Developer build 3.7.0.1129 and everything is working, in developer mode.
When I changed to release mode it puts itself into ā€œBreak Modeā€, I narrowed my code down until it was working.
It came to my knowledge that it was this line

Content.Load<Model>("a_frkn_fbx_model");

That was making it.
But it was working in another project that I have, after checking what was the difference in these two projects Iā€™ve noticed that the one that was working had a .dea model instead of a .fbx.

So I changed the fbx model in the first project that was put in Break Mode to a. dea file instead.

Content.Load<Model>("a_frkn_dea_model");

Then it was working in release mode.

Whatā€™s the problem? Is this a bug in the developer build 3.7.0.1129??

Iā€™m using it on Windows 7 building for PC

No bodyā€™s using .FBX models these days? :confused:

Iā€™ve never heard of this issue before :confused: I think most people are using .fbx

Ok youā€™ve never heard of it before. I would blame it all on my .FBX models that Iā€™ve been testing it with if it hadnā€™t been for the fact that it is working in dev mode, there must be a difference between release and dev then I believe.

Is it only me getting this ā€œput in Break Modeā€ error on loading .FBX models in release mode :confused:

Kindest Regards, Morgan

And now Iā€™ve noticed that a DAE file can be ā€œfile too smallā€ when adding it to the Pipeline!? No matter if in debug or release mode hereā€¦

Have you tried with the latest dev version ? (as of now: 3.7.0.1156)

Thanks for the hint, didnā€™t know.

Hm Iā€™ve just installed it but itā€™s still not working :frowning:
Iā€™ve double checked what version I actually have installed now and it says Monogame.Framework at properties V 3.7.0.1156.

Kind Regards, Morgan

Are you using a custom modelprocessor?

Can you upload your model somewhere so we can try it too?

No custom modelprocessor everythingā€™s basic.
What I still donā€™t understand is why it would work in debug but not in release, doesnā€™t make sense.
Yes Iā€™ll try to upload one of my .FBX models doesnā€™t matter which one because all of them fails in release mode.

Hereā€™s the failing particle in .FBX format

Sorry for old thread! Same problem with me, too I have tried load into MonoGame but fbx binary 7.4 from Blender. Nothing works now :frowning: please fix! Or possible I need to use Assimp-Net?

1 Like