Equivalent operation in MonoGame for OpenGL `glBlitFramebuffer`

Hi,

I am developping a mesh editing software. The mesh could be big, and redraw the whole mesh may be slow. Bug as an editing software, interactions, such as strokes, selections, should be drawed in every interaction.

So the rendering is split into two parts, first draw the mesh into a framebufferobject, this kept unchanged until something happened (such as translation, zoom, rotation, which triggered mesh to be repainted).
And the interactions can be considered as overlay, which are simpler and drawed in every frame.

This can be done in OpenGL with glBlitFramebuffer, however as I’m changing from c++/QT/GL to c#/WPF/MonoGame, I believe we have this equivalent operation in MonoGame, right?

Thanks,

Han

MonoGame does not expose blitting functionality. The best you can do through the API is a draw call. A FrameBuffer in OpenGL is kind of the same as a RenderTarget2D in MonoGame.

So in MonoGame you’d have a RenderTarget with the result of rendering the mesh and you render that render target and the overlay stuff to the back buffer every frame. You draw the mesh to the render target when it needs to be redrawn.