Not sure why it is working, maybe someone can explain it? I think I solved the issue I was having. I wanted to share in case others need this information. When I started my game, I was on Win7 with C# 4.5. My laptop was always Win10 and it always worked. My PC was Win7 and I upgrade to Win10 for my Vive and the game stopped. The other thing I did at that time was change my game build to C# 4.6.1 which worked on my laptop, so I never thought it would be an issue.
I compared my game application to a newly created monogame application in Win10 and looked for any subtle difference. I found one. The app.manifest file was removed. Not sure why, I don't ever recall removing it. Once I added it back in, the game starts without GPU issues. If I remove it, the game won't start properly.
Also I can't edit the topic title to mark it solved, otherwise I would.