Hello MonoGame community,
I'm currently working on a project based on Conway's Game of Life, but with colors. I managed to replicate the rules easily, and added some extra things. It's very basic right now.
- Cells(not black) around a black pixel have a red color, darker when more black cells surround the red cell.
- Cells that would go off the screen (x < 0, y < o, x > screenX, y > screenY) return on the other side. This creates an infinite loop when "Gliders" are active.
- The program counts the total number of cell deaths per position (x, y), and displays a background color, in function of the deaths.
- Two different viewing modes (normal & raster)
- You can toggle the background color, clear background or cells, pause and design a pattern, change viewing mode and speed.
This is an early project, and it might grow in features.
Download link here.
You can visit my twitter for more updates on this.
Update: Added color correction so repeating patterns can't create colors that have a much higher value than the other colors around it.
Some pictures and gifs: