How do I deploy to Linux?

Iā€™m running Win10x64 with VS2015 version 2. I installed MonoGame 3.5 and selected the MonoGame Cross Platform Desktop Project template.

I have Xubuntu 15.10 running on VirtualBox. How do I go about deploying my code so I can test it there?

With Unity this is pretty straightforward, but I have no idea how to do this with MonoGame.

I want to make some cross-platform open source games so Iā€™m trying to figure out my workflow.

Do ā€œsudo apt-get install libopenal-dev mono-runtimeā€ on your Ubuntu, copy your Debug/Release folder there, open it in terminal, and run ā€œmono Game.exeā€.

You will want to pack your game in MonoKickstart when redistributing your game for Linux or OSX ( https://github.com/MonoGame/MonoKickstart ), this will let you bundle mono, openal and all the other needed libs.

2 Likes

Alright, I think I figured out Kickstart, just paste the files into your release folder and rename it to the name of your game, right?

Iā€™m wondering though if anyone has any example snapcraft files, because I want to upload my game to Ubuntu software center.