How do I deploy to Linux?

I’m running Win10x64 with VS2015 version 2. I installed MonoGame 3.5 and selected the MonoGame Cross Platform Desktop Project template.

I have Xubuntu 15.10 running on VirtualBox. How do I go about deploying my code so I can test it there?

With Unity this is pretty straightforward, but I have no idea how to do this with MonoGame.

I want to make some cross-platform open source games so I’m trying to figure out my workflow.

Do “sudo apt-get install libopenal-dev mono-runtime” on your Ubuntu, copy your Debug/Release folder there, open it in terminal, and run “mono Game.exe”.

You will want to pack your game in MonoKickstart when redistributing your game for Linux or OSX ( https://github.com/MonoGame/MonoKickstart ), this will let you bundle mono, openal and all the other needed libs.

2 Likes

Alright, I think I figured out Kickstart, just paste the files into your release folder and rename it to the name of your game, right?

I’m wondering though if anyone has any example snapcraft files, because I want to upload my game to Ubuntu software center.