Issue with iOS 8

Hi,

I have updated my XCode to Version 6 and tested my iOS-MonoGame Application for iOS 8 compatibility.
There are a few things broken, if I touch the iOS-8 Emulator Xamarin Studio shows the message “unexpected nil window in _UIApplicationHandleEventFromQueueEvent…” and I can’t handle touch events. Sometimes touch works but mostly not.

What can I do? I’ve seen there are a few commits in the develop-branch for iOS-Compatibility, but If I checkout the develop-branch, I have not any .csproj Files to load the MonoGame Framework Project.

I hope someone could help.
Regards
Ronny

Run the protobuild.exe from your git checkout to generate the csproj files.
use a terminal and do um

mono Protobuild.exe

I believe iOS8 works fine with the current develop, but I haven’t tried it myself yet.

thank you. it works :wink: I hope it will be merged with the master branch

After testing my game onto my friends iPhone running iOS 8, I’m running into the same problem. I’m not familiar with git, so Im just using the MonoGame NuGet package. How do I fix the issue? I downloaded the latest build from teamcity and referenced it from my project, but I’m still having the same issues.

Thanks in advance.

Okey, so I downloaded the latest development branch from github and ran protobuild.exe. I got the projects i was looking for and referenced them from my project. However, the bug still seems to appear.

This blog post describes the problem I’m having.

I’m running into the same issue. I’ve looked through the change history since I pulled the code from the Develop branch last week and I don’t see anything that looks like it might fix the issue. Any ETA on this?

There is an open PR here that should fix these issues.
Please test it and leave feedback.