Missing Importer and Processor

First, hello!

I just grabbed the Nuget package for Extended and I’ve followed the steps outlined in the blog post HERE since I was missing importers. Now that I’ve added this reference I’m only seeing two new importers and processors. Below is a screenshot of what I see.

Even with the DLL referenced, I don’t see anything for importing tiled maps properly. I feel like I’ve made a silly mistake and am wondering if anyone had any tips.

Thanks in advance!

You need the Tiled package. You can find it on NuGet as MonoGame.Extended.Tiled.

1 Like

Thanks, I already have it. When I add it as a reference or both I get the same result just with double and no TiledMap importer.

I think the confusion here is because we haven’t got around to updating the documentation yet. It’s on my to-do list.

If you take a look at the Tiled demo you’ll notice that there’s now more than one Content Pipeline DLL that needs to be referenced from the Content.mgcb file.

#-------------------------------- References --------------------------------#

/reference:../../../MonoGame.Extended.Content.Pipeline/bin/MonoGame.Extended.Content.Pipeline.dll
/reference:../../../MonoGame.Extended.Content.Pipeline.Tiled/bin/MonoGame.Extended.Content.Pipeline.Tiled.dll

Of course, if you’re referencing the NuGet package, the path will be different but it’s the same idea. Find the MonoGame.Extended.Content.Pipeline.Tiled.dll and add it to your Content Pipeline references and you should be good to go.

1 Like

I’ll try this shortly and reply here, thanks!

So, I just gave it another shot (I tried this prior to posting). It didn’t change anything. I removed the Nuget packages then installed them again to the same results. Here’ what the refs look like in the editor:

Via Source:

Just did a build from source and referenced those instead. It works now, no problems. No idea why but I hope it helps someone in the future.

I looked into this more and realized the issue is more complicated than I first thought. I’ve raised the issue on GitHub.

What version of MonoGame are you using?

I’ve just pushed a fix for this issue.

Please update your NuGet packages to version 0.6.377

1 Like

Thanks! Glad to know I wasn’t going nuts :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: you rock!

@craftworkgames Is the Tiled part still tied to the MG Extended camera?

The renderer can be passed a projection and view matrix; it’s decoupled from the camera.