MonoGame 3.2

This is the long awaited release of MonoGame 3.2 with over a year of fixes, features, and improvements across 1,600 commits.  This release only has prebuilt binaries for Windows as we are currently reworking our Mac and Linux release packaging. MonoGame 3.2 for VisualStudio MonoGame 3.2 On GitHub The notable changes in this release: Implemented missing PackedVector types.…

Originally published at: http://www.monogame.net/2014/04/07/monogame-3-2/

So, I guess still no news on the Content Pipeline…

Sorry I just asked the question that’s been asked a million times before, though…

EDIT: Like, I’ve been using this but, as the link says, it only supports images and SpriteFonts. Just wondering if MonoGame 3.2 will support more than just that when it hits Linux…

EDIT 2: If not, I’m probably just gonna use Disk2VHD on my Windows tablet and then just use the image on VirtualBox on my laptop… The problem is, I swore off virtual machines and multibooting a long time ago, for certain reasons I’d rather not get into…

The only news is that it is getting closer to complete, but still needs work.

We are currently using it exclusively for PS4 development which is forcing us to fix many issues.

I find that the content pipeline is reasonably complete. Protogame uses MonoGame’s content pipeline exclusively for compiling source assets into versions for each target platform. The only types of assets that we can’t compile on non-Windows is shaders (and this is because they are written in HLSL).

You definitely don’t need XNA installed any more to be able to compile content in MonoGame, but I don’t know how well supported content compilation is under IDEs (you can definitely use MonoGame APIs in the content pipeline project to do it).

Where can I get the latest version of the pipeline?

I don’t know whether it’s shipped in the binaries on the site. It’s part of the GitHub repo though so if you clone that you’ll get a copy.

Will you fix the bad support of audio in android (bad positioning and sync) ? You said one year ago that it’ll be fixed soon, but still no news.

We’ve tried multiple times at fixing it… we finally gave up using OpenAL on Android. We’ll soon have a completely new implementation.

Ok, hope to see this soon because i’m making a rythm game :slight_smile: thanks for everything.

Then you’ll really need the new Android sound as a lot of it came about in trying to reduce the horrible latency in OpenAL and SoundPool on Android.

You already did improvements in the 3.2 version ? Then I’ll make some tests to see if it’s enough for this particular kind of game.

EDIT : Still doesn’t work. When I check the song position I get things like 575, 810, 810, 836, 836, 862, 888, 888… it’s better than before but still not enough for something as specific as a rythm game.

Hello!

Is there going to be an installer for MonoDevelop in Windows? Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

We’re working on getting a good install for MonoDevelop on Windows, Mac, and Linux. If anyone is fluent in how to do that let us know.

i tried it out it has Song and SoundEffect while before it only had SoundEffect was a bit useless. But I still dont have Video.cs and VideoPlayer.cs :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

We’re working on this for the 3.3 release.

I am having issues with Monogame version 3.2. I could not open any of the three monogame templates, each time I would recieve an error. I corrected this for the windows store and windows 8 XAML templates by going into the _Game.vstemplate files and updating the version number from 11.0.0.0 to 12.0.0.0 and this worked for those 2, however for the monogame windows phone template I do not know what I can do to get it to work. When I try to create a project using the template I get an error stating that it can not load assembly 'Microsoft.SmartDevice.Connectivity, version 11.0.0.0 etc and yet when I look in the .vstemplate file for that template, there is no reference to any microsoft.smartdevice.connectivity (version 11 or otherwise). Am I missing something? I could not find anything on bing/google about this.
I’m running on Windows 8.1 (Update 1) x64 , using Visual Studio 2013 RC 2 (The update that allows programming for Universal Apps).
I’m trying to create these projects using the monogame templates under the C# language.

I haven’t tested MonoGame 3.2 against the VS2013 RC2 yet… it could be that there are things we need to change there.

Why was the [Serializable] attribute removed from Color.cs in the 3.2 build? With all the BS I’m going through moving to win 8 as is… throw me a bone here! (Use surrogates? Make my own Color.cs?

Other than that (and whatever else will suck) thanks for working on something that lets me use C#.

Why was the [Serializable] attribute removed from Color.cs in the 3.2 build?

It was a change we made some time back to deal with newer platforms. See…

Is MonoGame 3.2 compatible with .Net 3.5? Tried to add a reference to it, in a project that (for now) must be .Net 3.5 (due to other dependencies). Visual Studio 2010 said “MonoGame.Framework.dll or one of its dependencies requires a later version of the .NET Framework than the one specified in the project.”