No templates in Visual Studio 2015

I just installed Visual Studio 2015 and now want to start a new MonoGame project (C#, Windows DX).
I got MonoGame installed, as well as XNA.

The problem is that the templates are not showing up in the New Project dialogue.

On Visual Studio 2013, they showed up here, they are also nowhere to be found aynwhere else in the Project tree.

So I searched for the templates, they exist in the location where they should be:

C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#\MonoGame

I tried running the devenv.exe /installvstemplates from the Visual Studio admin console, as well as devenv.exe /setup,
for good measure.
After doing both several times, mixed with a few Visual Studio 2015 and
Windows restarts, the project templates are still not showing up.

I also tried to clear the cache by deleting C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio and C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0, to no avail.

The MonoGame installer (3.4) was customized to work with Visual Studio 2015, so I assume it should work somehow.

So, can anyone help me getting those project templates set up?

I found out why it wasn’t working:

Apparently, the MonoGame installer puts the Templates in the wrong folder for Visual Studio 2015.

The correct folder for VS2015 is

C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 14\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#

The MonoGame installer installs to C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#

So, when the folder MonoGame inside that folder gets moved to the first one, and the devenv.exe /installvstemplates command gets executed, the templates show up.

No, correct directory is Visual Studio 2015 one and with latest release version it’s working OK.

You probably have some preview/pre-release version of VS2015. Uninstall it and install correct one.

I HAD a preview release installed months ago, yes.
But I deinstalled it some time ago as well, and just yesterday installed Community 2015, full release.

I would assume it just starts using the 14 folder when it exists, which is a bit strange, because it also did not tell me that it does.