Pipeline tool STILL NOT WORKING with Visual Studio 2017.

I encountered the Pipeline tool error as mentioned in these forums. I am using Windows 10 Professional Creators update with Visual Studio community and Monogame 3.6. I tried every single version of Monogame and still the same results. It seems disgraceful that this issue is dragging on for so long without a proper official solution. I tried to do what some of the work arounds say but could not complete as I am not a computer geek and I do not know how to build these tools. Is there a proper solution to this or not? OR do I have to UNINSTALL VISUAL STUDIO 2017 AND INSTALL VISUAL STUDIO 2015 AND MONOGAME 3.5 so that I can get thing going.? Pardon my ignorance if I have missed something obvious. This whole thing is putting me off trying to learn c# and monogame.

What error are you talking about?
Edit: if you mean the DllNotFound issue, you need to install the VS2012 VC++ Redist. You can get it from the official MS download page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Actually I had to install the VS2012 VC++ Redist AND the the VS2013 VC++ Redist to get it going.

1 Like