PS4 / XBox One / Switch

I’m not seeing specific forums for PS4, XBox One or Switch. Do they exist? Do we need special permission for them?

I have filled in the form on the Nintendo Developer Portal, but I’ve not seen anything like that on Sony or Microsoft portals.

For XBox you can simply use the UWP-Project afaik.

But for all consoles the process usually is to apply as a developer there, then get accepted by Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft. After that you’ll have to buy special developer-versions of the consoles (which are quite pricey).
When you got all that you’ll get access to the APIs for the consoles.

That’s the reason why most Indie-Titles are released for PC first and then ported to consoles.
Especially Nintendo (for the Switch) is really picky (I’ve heard). Basically applying is rather useless. If they want your game, they’ll contact you. (But don’t take my word for it, I might be completely wrong here)

Thanks again.
We already have access to the devkits and developer portals, as we’re not strictly developing indie titles. it’s more the MonoGame support we’re interested in.
It’s very early in the project and we’re looking at a lot of ‘new to us’ things, one of which is MonoGame. TBH, I’m just trying to get a handle on how much support there is for the console platforms within the MonoGame space.

Oh well, in that case this is a topic for @Tom :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tom is the lead on MonoGame so he’ll give you access to the private MG repos for consoles.

1 Like

Great, thanks!
I’m sure I’ll have more questions soon!

1 Like