SkinnedMesh Import question

I got animation pack from Mixamo. The pack included “Y_bot.fbx” which contain of mesh & rig skeleton and the rest of the file is just animation and skeleton. My question is how can i import the animation & skeleton file without having a mesh?

Here is the animation pack:
AnimationPack

I have an importer that loads just the Animation from an FBX.
There must be a 1:1 relation in the bones/Skeleton between the FBX/animation and the FBX that contains the Mesh.

At the moment It doesn’t support Blending between animations and never tested it with Maximo. In short, it’s just the animation library I use for my in house projects so it’s not full-feature but it might be a good starting point for you if you don’t find anything better.

Brief description:

Binaries:

1 Like

Thanks, cant wait to try it soon :slight_smile:

i had try but when i compile the asset, it stuck at

// Find the skeleton.
BoneContent skeleton = MeshHelper.FindSkeleton(input);

and

throw InvalidContentException(“Input skeleton not found.”);

can someone pls help?

Interesting. I guess MeshHelper.FindSkeleton(input) returns null for this fbx.
Maybe another approach is needed for this kind of files.

I 'll have to see if XNA works the same for them and if it’s fixable.

i have the asset file attached. u can use my file to test. I not sure can we tweek the function or not

I got it to import and load in XNA with no problem, although the result doesn’t look right when you apply the animation.

Under MG it just fails to find the animation because the first BoneNode is two nodes down from the rootnode. I think there’s a PR allready to fix that.

with fbx importer & ur animation proccess?

Yeap!
but the bones are out of place for some reason and the model gets deformed.

maybe i know which model u import? name?

Y_Bot.fbx and walking.fbx

but dun know why i still got error when i try to compile the walking fbx with ur code?

It works only on XNA. I tried to replace MeshHelper.FindSkeleton with my own but hit another bug. There are no BoneContent in the hierarchy returned by the importer. Perhaps I could force it by providing the node name of the root bone.

Stay tuned…

1 Like

ok thanks for helping me up :slight_smile:

Ok, so I guess I could just check for Animations in NodeContent.Animations and ignore whether a node is BoneContent or not. Hopefully I could then map those nodes back to the original nodes on the Mesh skeleton, but I very much doubt about that.
What we are looking at is a rewrite of AnimationsProcessor, MeshHelper.FindSkeleton and MeshHelper.FlattenSkeleton. This way could just skip the diferences between assimp and XNA. The importer completely ignores NodeAnimation.

I don’t expect to start working on it any time soon. :disappointed:

:disappointed: thanks for help

any new for to solve it? i been searching for solution long time, still cant fix it.

any news? how should i modify the importer?

Sorry but I haven’t looked into any of this. No time.