[SOLVED] "incorrect checksum for freed object" when loading Song or SoundEffect on Mac

Hi, so this is the error that I get when running my game on OSX…

mono(811,0xa36e8000) malloc: *** error for object 0x79e57384: incorrect 
checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being 
freed.
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
Stacktrace:
  at <unknown> <0xffffffff>

If I remove any calls to Content.Load<Song>() and Content.Load<SoundEffect>() everything runs fine (but without sound obviously).

This exact issue has been raised on the MonoGame github page, but the discussion ended with no solution.

Thanks

Most likely something in native code is not playing nice. Or a managed object was not locked before being passed to a native function.

Sorry but I don’t know what either of those possibilities means. Is something I can do about it on my end?

Not likely. Do you have a small test project you could send us that demonstrates the issue?

Alright, so yeah I tried it with a new project and get the same results. Here’s the new project. I don’t know what you need so I included everything, but it is built so if you just go to bin/Release and run that build you would experience the issue.

@KonajuGames Hey, just thought I’d poke you and ask if you got a chance to try it out?

Ok, so I finally figured out what the cause of this issue was. Even though my Mac is 64bit for some reason the 32bit version of mono was installed on it. Now it all makes perfect sense because loading content is where the crash happened and the content pipeline no longer supports 32bit systems.

GG WP