SoundEffect plays too fast clicking on an object

opendoor.Play ();
This is my sound file (wav) which plays when I click on an object. But it plays very fast altough its length is less than a minute. In collisions I didnt have such a problem. I think this occures because of mouse clicking.

. Any idea?

How long does the source WAV play for? How long does the SoundEffect play for? What format is the source WAV? Is it being processed through the content pipeline? What properties do you have set in the processor in the MGCB file? Which version of MonoGame are you using? There was a major update for audio support after 3.6 was released.

Sorry for all the questions, but we need more information before we can make an informed guess as to what may be happening here.

My guess would be that you are not checking to see if the file is already being played so you are running the code consecutively in loops while the button is being depressed

Try having a statement that says:
if (sound not being played)
play sound;

for example:
if (opendoor.State != SoundState.Playing)
opendoor.Play();

Probably add that to instance playback? is this possible with audio?

to Konaju Games

monogame version is 3.0. The wav file I use is about a second long. I think it doubles or triples the sound. When I click it quickly repeats itself and then stops which sounds so bad. I use pipeline to load sounds and images. Could you please send me the link for the major audio update for audio support if possible?
A properly playing wav file becomes corrupt when i open and listen it in pipeline. I used over ten different files. So, I think i need the update

to Bob Smith

Its a good approach whether the file is already being played or not. I tried (using your code samples also) but couldnt solve it that way too. Besides, I play the wav file before loading it and it is working. But in pipeline when i listen it it is corrupt.

to Mr Valentine

I really have no idea about instance playback

MonoGame 3.0 was a long time ago. I can’t vouch for any sound functionality back then. Make sure the WAV is 16-bit PCM. If using the content build pipeline to process the sound effect, set Quality to Best in the processor properties. That’s about all I can suggest, aside from upgrading to the latest development build.