This is how i feel when i try to make a ui.

but im going to try again lol.

I can empathize entirely. There’s something about UI that lends itself to writing heaping plates of spaghetti, especially if you do anything involving timing or animation or anything pretty… and the UX is so hard to get right that I have to do it over and over and over again. Then, every time I look at the relevant code, I’m annoyed with myself for having spaghetti in the codebase.

If someone dumped a bunch of money on me, the second person I’d hire would be a UI/UX programmer. (the first person would be a music/audio person).

It’s not much help, but it’s something… if you have Visual Studio handy, you can actually re-purpose its designer to build MonoGame UIs for you. Just write controls that ultimately generate MonoGame code for you. Then you can at least drop stuff on a canvas and drag it around, as well as easily update positions, anchors, and what have you.

I got tired of trying to place UI elements programatically, nor did I want to write an editor, so I went with the mishmash method and it actually worked out rather well for me.

Also, I hear you >.<