TiledMapRenderer 'This MGFX effect was built for a different platform!'

After updating my MonoGame.Extended assemblies using NuGet and updating all of my project’s Tiled code to the latest TiledMap API, the constructor for TiledMapRenderer is throwing the following exception:

Message=This MGFX effect was built for a different platform!
Source=MonoGame.Framework
StackTrace:
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Effect.ReadHeader(Byte[] effectCode, Int32 index)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Effect..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Byte[] effectCode, Int32 index, Int32 count)
    at MonoGame.Extended.Graphics.Effects.MatrixChainEffect..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Byte[] byteCode)
    at MonoGame.Extended.Graphics.Effects.DefaultEffect..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice)
    at MonoGame.Extended.Graphics.TiledMapRenderer..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice)

The MonoGame assembly that the project uses is this:

<Reference Include="MonoGame.Framework">
    <HintPath>$(MonoGameInstallDirectory)\MonoGame\v3.0\Assemblies\Windows\MonoGame.Framework.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>

I haven’t been able to find much information on this error at all via Google. Does anyone know what the cause is?

That means your MonoGame version does not match the one the effect was built with. I think MG.Extended is expecting you to run the 3.5 release of MonoGame. @craftworkgames ?

You probably installed 3.6 @Sopheria?

Thanks for the reply @Jjagg. After switching the binary to MonoGame.Framework.WindowsDX.3.5.1.1679, the error is still being thrown.

<Reference Include="MonoGame.Framework, Version=3.5.1.1679, Culture=neutral, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
    <HintPath>..\packages\MonoGame.Framework.WindowsDX.3.5.1.1679\lib\net4\MonoGame.Framework.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>

Due to MG.Ex being a portable library, only the OpenGL shaders are provided by default as embedded resources. See https://github.com/craftworkgames/MonoGame.Extended/issues/351

Oops, I think I was a bit sleepy when I commented. Yes, it’s about the wrong platform, not the wrong MG version. Sorry, about that.