I've got a project working under Windows 10, using MonoGame 126.96.36.1994 from developer branch.
(After deleting MonoGame 3.6.x.x in "C:\Program Files (x86)\MonoGame\v3.0\Assemblies\ WIndows8; otherwise it tried to use that one, but I need 188.8.131.524, which is in "..\Assemblies\ Windows").
On a Windows 7 64-bit pc, trying to build and run same project source. When run get:
System.TypeLoadException was unhandled by user code
Message=Could not find Windows Runtime type 'Windows.Graphics.Display.DisplayInformation'.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice..ctor(GraphicsAdapter adapter, GraphicsProfile graphicsProfile, PresentationParameters presentationParameters)
at ..MyLibrary.MyVBModule.CreateGraphicsDevice(GraphicsAdapter adapter, IntPtr windowHandle, PresentationParameters pp, GraphicsProfile profile) in ..my file path..
Message=Operation is not supported on this platform.
- Could not find Windows Runtime type 'Windows.Graphics.Display.DisplayInformation'.
- at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.PlatformSetup()
- Operation is not supported on this platform.
WHERE IT HAPPENS: When the error occurs, a Windows Form window is open, and user has clicked a control to go to the (newer) 3D portion of the app. A graphics adapter has been successfully retrieved from
GraphicsAdapter.Adapters; now doing
New GraphicsDevice(adapter, profile, pp) from VB code.
NOT running MonoGame
Game class; I have a custom game loop - that loop has not yet started running.
* Should MonoGame 3.7 run on Windows 7 (64-bit)?
* Does this error indicate I am still running MonoGame from Windows8 or similar branch, that would have that method?