Unresolved references to Xwt and Xwt.WPF

I haven’t updated my local repository that was forked from MonoGame.develop for a long time. Today I wanted to build the project and make a few changes but I found that the Pipeline.Windows project now had unresolved references to Xwt and Xwt.WPF. I am not sure how that happened…

Is this a new third party reference, or a submodule, that has been added?
Is there a way that I can build my MonoGame solution without merging 50 commits to MonoGame.develop from the last x months…?

The Pipeline Tool uses Eto.Forms for a cross-platform GUI that looks native on all platforms. It comes with some native dependencies, including the ones you’ve listed. If you update your repo correctly (including submodules) these issues should be resolved.

You can’t update MG without solving the merge conflicts. I recommend you update more often if you make changes to classes that are often modified. Alternatively, if there is anything worth putting in the official repo, you can considering opening an issue or PR to discuss merging it so you have less maintenance.

Thanks.

I tried to update the submodules by invoking

git submodule update --init

in the MonoGame folder, and the command seemed to be executed, but the Dependencies folder still does not contain Xwt and the references are still unresolved.

Do you have the latest changes? You may need to run pull upstream develop first (from your local develop branch; assuming the official MG remote is called upstream). What does git status say? You can try to cd into the dependencies folder and check out the right commit manually if you still run into issues.