Using the ContentXMLImporter when targeting UWP

I have XML content that the Content Pipeline builds into a .Net Dictionary for use in game. When building the content in a MonoGame Windows Project it works fine.

However, I’m working towards getting the game in the Windows 10 APP store, so it needs to be compatible with UWP (Universal Windows Platform).

When I move the code over to a MonoGame Universal Windows Project. I get the following error when trying to compile:

Error info from content.mgcb:
FILENAME.xml Importer ‘XmlImporter’ had unexpected failure!
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetYpes(RuntimeModule module)

I’m not sure what the problem is, but I’m guessing it is because reflection is not available in UWP? Any insights on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brett

I managed to solve my issue. Nothing to do with UWP specifically. I messed up and had selected the wrong DLLs for references within Content.mgcb. So Content.mgcb could not find the proper types to serialize the data via reflection because it didn’t have access to the DLLs.