vb.net 2015 monogaqme

Please explain how to use monogame with vb.net 2015

Hi @Rachel_Varghese,

Below is a link to a barebones starter project for VB. I wasn’t sure what platforms you’re targetting, so the project targets Windows 10 UAP. If you’re looking to target a different platform, let me know and I’ll help you with that, too.

I couldn’t get the project running on the MonoGame 3.4 nuget package, so I just grabbed the 3.5 files from the MonoGame build server.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
Ernesto

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=61EAAB8E9F5BA8D9!34889&authkey=!ADZvhU1ydvQnsAo&ithint=file%2Czip

Thank you for you reply. I will be very grateful if you could me the solution for windows 7 please.

Rachel

could you please reply about my last post
thanks
rachel

Patience. This is a worldwide community, and they may not even be awake at this time, or they could be at work or school.

I was unable to get a DirectX version working. MonoGame 3.4 keeps looking for SharpDX 2.5.1, which does not have a nuget available. It didn’t seem to be content with SharpDX 3.0. Maybe @KonajuGames can comment on that.

Here’s a VB project with MonoGame 3.4 running using the OpenGL version of the library.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=61EAAB8E9F5BA8D9!34912&authkey=!ALzh2jHD-6eicww&ithint=file%2Czip

Hope that helps!

• Ernesto
1 Like

I should rephrase, MonoGame.Framework.WindowsDX v3.4 kept looking for SharpDX 2.5.1 and was not happy using v3.0. I’ve used other versions of MonoGame.Framework, such as Windows8 and WindowsUAP, and they work just fine with SharpDX 3.0.

Hi Vogles,

Thank you for taking the time to finding solution for my query.Much appreciated.

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

You’re welcome. I hope it helps. I haven’t written in Visual Basic since VB6, so it was fun to spend some time with it again. If you have any more questions, I’ll do my best to help out.

• Ernesto
1 Like

Hi,
One of my students is doing a Simulation project and since the software we use is vb.net, unfortunately he has to stick with this. I haven’t used Monogame at all. I found this the way forward since he started using XNA for his simulation .

He is his question.If you could give any guidance I will be grateful.

I have looked up Xna project structures and the only thing I seem to be missing is the content pipeline project in the designer. I haven’t found a way to hard code adding content to the pipeline, they all use the designer functionalities. I would either need an extension or some sort of configuration change so I can see the Content Pipeline in the Solution Explorer or a way to hard code it. I know the Content Manager exists because the methods that relate to it show up in the InteliSense but I haven’t found a way to add content yet

hi,
If you get a chance could you please give me any suggestions for this

Hi Rachel,

Back in the XNA days, you had a separate project that would contain your content and it would build and compress, etc. In MonoGame, you use the “MonoGame Content Pipeline”, which is a separate program that does all of that. Honestly, I find it kind of cumbersome, but it works. There are videos and tutorials on how to use it.

Hope that answers your question.

• Ernesto

Hi Ernesto
I think I didn’t make this clear. You provided a template for me to use VB.net with monogame. In that template how can we use the monogame content pipe line. Your time and help appreciated very much.

Hi Rachel,

Here’s the link to the Pipeline documentation page, which explains how to use it.

http://www.monogame.net/documentation/?page=Using_The_Pipeline_Tool

If you are using Visual Studio, then you can use my installer that gives you native project templates that work 100% the same as their C# counterpart straight out of the box. I cant guarentee the mobile devices will work properly as I havent tested them and cant, but the DX and GL ones should definitely work.

If you dont trust the installer you can create the Visual Basic Templates folder yourself in “(My Documents)\Visual Studio (X)\Templates\Project Templates\Visual Basic”

and place these inside.

extract the zip files LEAVE those as zip files.

Hi,
Thank you for the code but when I using it in 2015 it is giving me error. Please advise

Hi Rachel,

Please be more specific about the errors you’re encountering.

Hi,
This is the error for the template Damien_James_Gibson has given me .Could some one tell me what I am supposed to do please.

Severity Code Description Project File Line
Warning The primary reference “MonoGame.Framework” could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the framework assembly “System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a” which could not be resolved in the currently targeted framework. “.NETFramework,Version=v4.0”. To resolve this problem, either remove the reference “MonoGame.Framework” or retarget your application to a framework version which contains “System.Runtime.InteropServices.WindowsRuntime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a”. GameName1

the 4.0.0.0 error happens on C# too because visual studio is trying to target the incorrect version of monogame, theres windows phone, linux(GL), windows(GL), windows(DX), and some others… you have to manually add the reference to monogame via folderview

C:\Program Files (x86)\MonoGame\v3.0\Assemblies(VERSION YOU WANT HERE)