Wav pipeline fail. Where to look for the problem?

HI folks.

I’ve been adding sounds to a game quite merrily without any problems, but one of them is really distorted when played back. I’m not doing anything different with this file, it was recorded with the same equipment as everything else, it’s the same sample rate as everything else, there is no difference in the file type at all, the pipeline settings are the same. But this one file plays really nastily distorted and doesn’t actually sound like the original at all. It kind of sounds as if it’s being played over and over the top of itself, but as it goes through the same code as everything else it can’t be.

The only difference that I can see immediately is, all the ok sounds are quite short, the problem sound is around 9 seconds long. But that can’t be a problem can it?

The original recording actually had two effects in it, the file was split into two, the other half works fine. I’ve gone back to the original and cut it in the other direction and the problem persists.

I’ve tried pulling the sound in again from the original, I’ve tried editing the file, then pulling it in, every time is sounds awful.

Where should I start looking for sound problems such as this?

Thanks.

Are you using MonoGame 3.6 or the latest develop build? There were a bunch of audio processing and playback fixes I added after the 3.6 release. If you’re using the 3.6 release, try the latest develop build. If it’s still an issue, send me the wav file and I’ll have a look. slygamer@gmail.com