Xamarin Studio 6 and MonoGame 3.5

Hey there!
So, since Xamarin Studio always wants to upgrade to the newest Version, I want to ask, if MonoGame 3.5 is compatible with Xamarin Studio 6.0.2.73?
I’ve looked around here and on Github, but there seem to only be outdated topics. When XS 6 was very new, I’ve updated it (not on purpose) and it completely messed up my MonoGame-Projects.

TL;DR: Is MonoGame 3.5 out of the box compatible with XS 6 (including templates etc.)?

I think it’s not, but @dellis1972 has a branch in his fork that is. That should get merged at one point, but the Mac build box should be upgraded first. Some stuff changed regarding templates, so it’s not fully compatible with XS6 as is. I think the maintainers at least want that merged before the 3.6 release.

Alright, that sounds great!
Is there a time schedule for the 3.6 release or when this merge will happen?

I don’t have a clue :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t see why it shouldn’t be? Maybe project creation not (templates etc) but a working solution you can just load and compile with the latest Xamarin version, I’m always up to date and never have issues. It’s just a .NET library after all.

Yes, the issue is with the templates

I asked for it on twitter almost 3 months ago. Still no luck :expressionless:

Try the gitter channel, that generally works better if you want a quick response :slight_smile:

Someone told me that Monogame isn’t compatible with Xamarin.Mac and you have to use MonoMac instead…
Is that correct?
Has the situation on this changed?

Wondering if this commit means I can use MonoGame with Xamarin.Mac now?

Yes you can use Xamarin.Mac. MonoMac support will be dropped