3.8.1 mgcb-editor issue - apos.shapes content won't build

Came across an issue with migrating my project from 3.8.0 to 3.8.1.

I have installed the VS2022 monogame extension and updated to .NET 6 and 3.8.1 nugets.

The issue is I am using an external library - apos.shapes which has it’s own content package.
This gets built from a command line and fails with the following:

|Error|MSB3073|The command dotnet mgcb-editor /quiet /@:.nuget\packages\apos.shapes\0.1.7\build\Content\Content.mgcb /platform:DesktopGL /outputDir:/.nuget/packages/apos.shapes/0.1.7/build/Content/bin/DesktopGL/Content /intermediateDir:/.nuget/packages/apos.shapes/0.1.7/build/Content/obj/DesktopGL/net6.0/Content /workingDir:/.nuget/packages/apos.shapes/0.1.7/build/Content/ exited with code 1

Is this something I can fix at my end or do I need to wait for apos.shapes to be updated?

I’ll have to look into it. I unfortunately don’t have a computer for the foreseeable future to fix this issue. For now, you can bring the library files directly into your project.

In the Content folder, add AposShapesEffect.fx to your project’s content.

Also copy ShapeBatch.cs and ShapeVertex.cs to your project.

Remove the Apos.Shapes package from your dependencies.

Normally this should be enough to fix your issue.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply - there’s no rush on this for me anyway. It’s logged here for when you have a dev enviroment back.
Might be just a simple case of updating your project to 3.8.1.

1 Like

A new hotfix release just got sent out, I wonder if it fixed this issue? It had changes related to the mgcb-editor.

Also the migration guide got updated.

I updated to the hotfix.
Same error.

I was able to use Apos.Shapes with the latest MonoGame version without any changes.

You can see:

If you clone that repo, you can try it with:

dotnet run --project Platforms/DesktopGL
1 Like

Issue resolved - I didn’t have the mcgb editor migrated correctly.
Thanks for looking into it.

1 Like

Great!