After 1 week of development, Big Sister 1st demo is available to download :)

Hi guys :smiley: TLDR: Decided to bring a project from 2012 to life and 1 week later, just released the first testing demo.

Big Sister is a game about a girl named Nyna, who goes after the kidnappers of his brother, Luke. She has a strong personality and it’s ready to beat the hell out of those bastards!

(https://ivandioniziomalcriacoes.itch.io/big-sister)

And as this is the very first demo, I’d like to share some thoughts about why I decided to do this so early:

• As a proof Big Sister is indeed a game and it is in development.
  • To test what’s available for now: Moving in the 4 directions, Punching when pressing Space and their respective animations.
  • And also when she’s doing nothing, activating the idle animation. So, animations must display and behave correctly.
  • To test if she won’t be able to move outside the screen or going up to the wall
  • As it’s a multi-platform release, if it’s working on every OS.

Now for the limitations:

• It only supports resolutions from 1080p and up for now.
  • If your native resolution is higher than 1080p, don’t worry, game boots in windowed mode, so you can play itfine.
  • If your native resolution is 1080p, just press " F " to toggle fullscreen.
  • If your native resolution is lower than 1080p, I’m working on different resolutions, so support is coming in the next weeks.

As game is evolving I simply just wanted to share my work with you guys since the beginning. My plan is to release a new demo (with new things) every week. So keep an eye on the website: https://ivandioniziomalcriacoes.itch.io/big-sister

Big Sister is available for testing play on Mac, Linux and Windows, so feel free to download and giving me some feedback! :smiley:

5 Likes

Post a YouTube video…

2 Likes

Will do that asap. Thanks for the tip :facepunch:

Should call this, Week1Demo [W1D] EDIT or 1WD? OWD? OneWeekDemo?

1 Like

I like the concept and art design! It reminds me of both Comix Zone and Streets of Rage. Though if I may suggest something, I think Nyna should have a thicker outline, to set her apart from the background more. She seems to blend in with it at the moment.

1 Like

Hey, glad you’re enjoying it! :smiley: I definitely love thick outlines in characters and it’s been in consideration to be added in the near future, yes. As we’re in week 2 now, there are lot to be improved. 1st week focused on creating this basic interaction between Nyna and the stage. Now on week 2 I’m improving her previous animations and create a poor enemy to get her/his ass beat (planning to add/link combos). Thank you for your suggestion :smiley:

1 Like

So, I’m 3 days late, but I got to release the Week #2 Demo! :smiley: See what’s new:

• New sprites/animations of Nyna;
  • She can now make combos (total of 3), by hitting Z repeatdly, from weakest to strongest punch.
  • Meet the one who loves to be punched by you: Palliaciño! It will react to all your different punches!
  • Also try out the practice stage!
  • Game supports windowed mode for resolutions up from 1080p and full screen on 1080p resolutions ONLY (press F when gaming)

The newest demo is available for Mac, Linux and Windows on Big Sister itch.io page: Big Sister by Ivan Dionízio

1 Like