(Answered) iOS 7 vs iOS 8 orientation and viewport

I am running some very basic tests on iOS 7 and iOS8 and getting significantly different behavior.

First the code and setup:

// In Game1's constructor:
graphics.IsFullScreen = true;
graphics.SupportedOrientations = DisplayOrientation.LandscapeLeft |
   DisplayOrientation.LandscapeRight;

In the project properties in Xamarin Studio I have Landscape Left and LandScale Right both selected, and that’s on both iPhone/iPod as well as iPad.

When I run the app I get very different behaviors. On iOS7 (specifically iPhone 4s), I have the following screenshot:

Notice that the character is sitting at the top-left of the screen. It’s set to draw at 0,0. This is expected behavior.

When I run the app on iOS8 (specifically iPhone 5s), I have the following screenshot:

The same code/setup puts the character somewhere near the middle-left of the screen, and the app runs in portrait rather than landscape.

I don’t think the problem has anything to do with form factor as running the app on iOS 8 for iPhone 4s results in the same problem as when I run it on actual iPhone 5s hardware on iOS 8, so it seems to have something to do with the new OS.

Anyone else run into this? Any thoughts/solutions?

Just saw this post, will try with the latest build rather than the NuGet version:

Confirmed as working on the latest version of MonoGame (from source).