[BUG] Path's format is not supported

Actually I got MG 3.7.0.752 and I have problem during build of Android project:

C:\Program Files 
(x86)\MSBuild\MonoGame\v3.0\MonoGame.Content.Builder.targets(73,5): 
error MSB3191: Unable to create directory "C:\Users...". The given 
path's format is not supported.

It seems that this path is “duplicated” but I have no idea why … I try to update from Monogame 3.5 to 3.7. Any idea what could be wrong ? How to set up this path correctly ? Please help, I stuck with this for hours. I have to set up Monogame after clean system install and never had such issue. Is there any more accurate output / log file ?

Have you tried the latest build? It may fix this (build 756 and above)

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I tried build 756 and 759 - doesn’t help.

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\MonoGame\v3.0\MonoGame.Content.Builder.targets(73,5): error MSB3191: Unable to create directory "D:\Projects\Game\Game.Android\D:\Projects\Game\GameShared\Content\bin\Android\Content". The given path's format is not supported.

It tries to combine Android’s game path with shared part of game (where content is located). Well, this project was compiling fine on MG 3.5 before system reinstallation.

How did you parameter the folder ?

1 Like

I don’t have strong knowledge about Monogame building process. Should I look into mgcb file or maybe csproj ? I don’t know where to look for this property.

In csproj file I have:

<Import Project="$(MSBuildExtensionsPath)\MonoGame\v3.0\MonoGame.Content.Builder.targets" />

This is how looks my mgcb file:

#----------------------------- Global Properties ----------------------------#

/outputDir:bin/$(Platform)
/intermediateDir:obj/$(Platform)
/platform:NativeClient
/config:
/profile:Reach
/compress:False

MonoGame.Content.Builder.targets file can be found here:

Line 75 is making a problem I guess, as per output from build.

Issue does not exist on Monogame 3.5 release version. So it is kind of bug in 3.7