Building XML in the MGCB

Firstly, sorry if this is a dup, but I am having trouble building custom XML content using the MGCB.

I have made my own data files, added them to a separate project in my game and added a reference to the .dll in the Content Builder. However, when I attempt to build an XML file I get:

InvalidContentException: Could not resolve type.

I have searched high and low, but cannot find any answers and is now starting to block me.

Also, it is worth noting here that the XML files are in the correct format as I have loaded them in my game using the IntermediateSerializer. Any code or data files can be available upon request, but it doesn’t seem like that kind of issue - seems more like setting up the MGCB.

How are you referencing the DLLs? You need be careful with the platform of the DLLs too… regardless of the target platform you are building for, you’ll want to reference (from memory) Windows AnyCPU assemblies and make sure the DLLs are in a location where all of their dependencies exist too (eg game output folder is good). Can’t hurt to post the Xml and class(es) that are causing the issue.