Cannot relaunch game

Hi!

I’m very to close to publishing my game to google play. However there is this one thing that still bugs me…

Whenever I try to relaunch the game, whether paused or destroyed, from the main icon in the ‘all apps’ menu - the xamarin trial information screen comes up and then nothing. App just exits. From that point I cannot run my app again EVER! Only recompiling and deploying again helps.
However, after fresh deployment, when my game exist and then you relaunch it from ‘recently used apps’ screen, it relaunches normally.

Now, I even tried it on pure monogame app from 3.2, 3.3 template and it still occurs. I really need to know is this issue a bug in Trial version of Xamarin and it will go off once I buy subscription or is this monogame error. Please do ask if you need further explanation because like I said it’s very important to me.

Thanks!

I don’t understand the message very well, but if you’re asking if the trial version nag screen will disappear once you use the paid version, the answer is yes.

No no thats not the point :stuck_out_tongue:

Let me explain differently:

1. Launch game
  2. Pause game by touching menu or home button
  3. Do not resume the game from ‘recently opened’ but launch it again normally
  4. Your game gets broken and cant be launched or resumed any more

This all happens like I said on Xamarin Trial. I presume when you launch again the game when it is paused it should resume it.

Is it clearer now?

it’s clearer now :slight_smile:

I had a similar problem some time ago. Android activities can be killed and started again any time (in example you should reload all your textures when this happens), however I used several static global variables which only get initialized once (the first time the game is executed) and the textures were not loaded. This broke my game in a similar game you’re describing. I don’t know if this is your case though.

EDIT: I just realized you said the raw monogame template also exhibits this problem, so I’m not sure the previous explanation would apply to you…

Thanks for trying to explain!

But yes I dont think this is the case. I would think its something with resources etc. as you said when it would not be possible to avoid it… But again, when I relaunch my game (at any point) FROM “RECENTLY OPENED APPS”, meaning this exactly - Screenshot - game is properly reinitialized, recreated and relaunched. Soooo I reeeealy hope its because of this Xamarin Trial Launcher which starts only when you start app from android main menu (all apps menu).

Well then, still waiting for answer.

Okay, I can confirm that the main issue of this subject doesn’t occur on the full version (not trial) of Xamarin. :wink: