I know theres plenty of threads about this already and I have read them all, and also tried all and every suggestion I can find.
I simply cannot get the MGCB editor to open up in VS2022. What I’ve done.
- Reinstalled Win 10 (not related)
- Fresh install of VS2022 Community
- Installed the MonoGame extension
- Created a new OpenGl project
- Tried to “just open the mgcb file from VS2022” as the documentation suggest. Nothing happens.
- Installed and re-installed the dotnet-mgcb tool via the VS command prompt.
- It says ive got the latest MGCB editor installed
- Still nothing happens when i try to open the file. “Open as…” has the MGCB Editor set as default.
- Located the newly installed mgcb.exe manually. Cant run that either. Nothing happens.
At this point I’ve spent more time trying to migrate my 3.8.0 projects to 3.8.1 than I spent migrating my old XNA 4.0 projects to 3.8.0… That is kind of discouraging imo.
Yet to try Mikes (se link) workaround but that should not be needed, should it?:
Continuing the discussion from MonoGame 3.8.1: